Thursday, August 4, 2016

Time Flies: A Recap of the Past Year.

  • Last I got a tattoo was two years ago in 2014. Finally started on my sleeve and can't wait to finish it up within the next year or so.
  • Through out my college years I was fortunate to do some traveling, but ever since I met him, this has probably been the most I've traveled. Grand Canyon, Chicago, New York, Portland, several trips to San Francisco/bay area, driving along the coast and Zion. Something that someone said to me that stuck was that these years (mid-20s) are the glory years. The only time I don't have to worry about paying for even more bills or a mortgage and still able to go out late at night and have the time of my life because work isn't as strenuous and getting to travel the world. I hope I get to spend as much time as I can possibly can getting to experience the world and just travel. There's this cloud hovering over me that reminds me that I feel that I need to move out of the house already, but really, it's such a smart decision to stay at home as much as you can, save as much as you can. And when the timing feels right, to move out.
  • I haven't been out of the country since 2013! That's three years too late. So I'm even more excited about traveling to Thailand in November. We've talked about traveling out of the country for monthhhhssss now so now that we've finally booked our flights, it's all so real now! I'm even more excited for the following year to come because it's looking like I might be in Europe twice in the same year.
  • It sounds silly saying it, but I got my eyebrows tattooed. This one was a huge, last minute decision. When the opportunity came, I took it.
  • I've had long hair since 2013 and since I've cut it again this year, I don't think I'm ever turning back. But we'll see. XD
  • I'm still a super picky eater, but my palette has expanded to eating asparagus, string beans, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, jalapeƱos, etc. AND THIS IS A BIG DEAL. I never ate vegetables until we started meal prepping with each other. I don't have a super strict diet, but I don't nearly eat as much junk food as I used to and my guilty pleasures are... McDonald's and pizza, which I still end up eating now and then when I crave it. I've lost over 10 pounds since meal prepping, and it's not necessarily a good thing. I'm trying to find a balance between eating healthy and eating enough.
  • I've signed up for a gym membership. I can't even remember the last time this happened (I think I was 17). I've gone to the gym occasionally through out college. I guess we've gotten to the point where hanging out with your S/O means going to the gym.
  • I wear make up to a minimum. So long as I have my eyebrows done.
  • And the whammy, I finally launched my photography website. This has been talked about since 2014. What's sad is that it's been about 2 months, and I have yet to blog, but I've consciously made the decision to pursue a wedding/portrait photography career. And it feels great. It feels right to do it now because of how I've drastically grown and refined my work this past year. I'm still learning and things don't magically happen overnight. Having a good social network is important, but I'm learning that the most rewarding kind of clients I get are the ones who find me through social media. I'm hoping that if I keep at it, if I start posting more on IG, blogging more, posting on Facebook, etc, that I'll make something of what was just a hobby.
  • I haven't been any more happier than I am now today. Life comes with constant struggles, it's inevitable. But even with these struggles, I've never felt at an all time low because of the support I have to pick me back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment