Saturday, October 31, 2015

This one is for all ya'll.

As I was cleaning my room today I stumbled upon old journals. I used to write so much and the reason why I wrote so much was because I fell in love and I loved to document everything. I'm writing again (in my own private journal). I haven't wrote consistently in the longest time. So that kinda says something.

There were a lot of things I realized when I jumped into this new relationship. One of the biggest ones was how much more happy I was. Like it was blatantly obvious how much happier I was. I read old snippets of journal entries that dated back to 2007 and it's still shocks me how deep of a hole I was in. And even when I started crawling out of this hole from such a shit relationship, it took me about 2-3 years to finally get out. I met guys that distracted me, but not enough. I met guys that I knew that the day we met was the only day we would ever see each other again. I met guys who liked me, but I didn't like them at all. And I finally met someone who made me realize it's possible to like someone else, that I wasn't doomed. But I didn't finally get out of that shit hole until I met this guy. He made me feel things that I haven't felt in the longest time or ever. The affection that I longed for but never had in the longest time. He's the guy that my friend kept telling me about... "there's someone out there that's going to treat you 100000x times better than he ever did. And you deserve it." Ever since I met him, there was no turning back. I wasn't going to allow myself to what I went through for 8 years.

And I'm just realizing now how grateful I am for the friends that have "dealt" with me. The ones who were always there to listen to me vent about the same problems. The ones that gave me the same talk over and over again, the ones who watched me cry, comforted me, and told me it was going to be okay. I've told a few of them how thankful I am for them during that time period and how I'm sorry that it took me this long. So a shout out to so many friends who were there for me:

Kim, Tracy, Michelle, Tiffany, Thuy, Linda, Lily, Judy, Chau, Nicole, James, Tina, Enrique, Brianna, Kelly, Naomi, Karen, and the list goes on.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me hopeful. It's great seeing how happy you are. <3

    ReplyDelete